Listed here are our frequently asked questions & the current surcharge examples
If you do not find your answer here give us a call at: 630-978-9897
TIP: Click Ctrl+F & type in a “key word” to your question to minimize scrolling through the list!
$0.00 – $100.00
$101.00 – $200.00
$201.00.00 – $300.00
$301.00 – $400.00
$401.00 – $500.00
$501.00 – $600.00
$601.00 – $700.00
$701.00 – $800.00
$801.00 – $900.00
$901.00 – $1000.00
$1001.00 – $1100.00
$1001.00 – $1200.00
$1201.00 – $1300.00
$1301.00 – $1400.00
$1401.00 – $1500.00
$1501.00 – $1600.00
$1601.00 – $1700.00
$1701.00 – $1800.00
$1801.00 – $1900.00
$1901.00 – $2000.00
$2001.00 – $2100.00
$2101.00 – $2200.00
$2201.00 – $2300.00
$2301.00 – $2400.00
$2401.00 – $2500.00
$2501.00 – $2600.00
$2601.00 – $2700.00
$2701.00 – $2800.00
$2801.00 – $2900.00
$2901.00 – $3000.00
$3001.00 – $3100.00
$3101.00 – $3200.00
$3201.00 – $3300.00
$3301.00 – $3400.00
$3401.00 – $3500.00
$3501.00 – $3600.00
$3601.00 – $3700.00
$3701.00 – $3800.00
$3801.00 – $3900.00
$3901.00 – $4000.00
FAQ TECH QUESTIONS:
- Do I have to pin the front of my bolt on hood?
- Yes, we do recommend pinning the front of the hood on all bolt on styles
- Why do I have to pin the front of my bolt on hood?
- Because it is a aftermarket fiberglass hood & is significantly lighter than factory. Wind can get up underneath the hood & the hood can either fly off or start to separate over time – hood pins are highly recommended for safety & longevity
- Can I use push pins to pin the front of the hood?
- NO! Push pins do NOT work & we do not recommend using them. The hood will most likely fly off. If you choose to use push pins, we are NOT liable.
- Are bolt on products a direct fit?
- NO! Modifications like trimming & adjusting the hinges may be needed for a perfect fit. No aftermarket product is a direct fit
What is the difference between a bolt on & pin on hood?
- The bolt on bolts to your factory hinges, while the pin on is strictly a lift off
- How do I measure how much clearance/height I need?
- The best way to measure is to take a straight edge across your fenders, measure up, write that measurement down. Then put the same straight edge across your hood & measure the bow of your hood, write that down & take that, minus the first measurement. That should give you an approximate height of what you will need
- My hood is bowing in the middle, what do I do?
- If your hood is bowing in the middle you will have to drop the furthest forward bolt hole on the hinges where it bolts to the fender. You may need to make further adjustments than the factory allowed to accommodate the extra thickness of the fiberglass bolt on hoods – on certain hoods you may have to shim the fenders for proper fitment
- My trunk lid is too big, why is it not fitting?
- Our trunk lids are OVERSIZED cutting & trimming will be required for a perfect fit – we leave our trunk lids oversized so our customers can get their gaps exactly how they want them. No fiberglass part is “fit right out of the box” modifications & fitting is required.
- Do your hoods have a smooth underside?
- No, our hoods have a fiberglass finish behind the smooth frame
- Can you smooth out the bottom of your hoods?
- No, you will have to take the hood to your local body/paint shop. We will not smooth out the hood here.
- Do I have to fit my hood before painting?
- Do I need to trim parts to fit?
- Yes. Many of our parts are oversized for shipping purposes & may need to be trimmed to fit
- I do not want to trim the piece – can I return it?
- Yes, you can return any product within 30 days if it has not been already been modified/worked on (trimmed, sanded down, painted, holes drilled etc.) – you will have to pay for the shipping back since there is nothing “wrong” with the part, it just requires trimming to fit.
- Can I use a bolt on hood with your fiberglass front ends?
- NO. Only our pin on hoods will work with the fiberglass front ends. Our front ends are lift off & have a lip where the pin on hood sits & can be fastened with dzues fasteners. To mount the front end you will need a front end mounting kit or build your own tree.
- Do your products come painted?
- No, they come ready to be prepped, primed & painted. They come in a high quality, sandable semi-gloss smooth black gel coat – we only use a high quality BLACK gel coat. NOTE: the semi gloss black gel coat is NOT meant to be the final finish – it is intended to be painted
- Do bolts come in the bolt on hoods & trunks?
- Yes. All bolt on products come with bolts already placed in the part – please use the bolts provided
- What hardware do I need for my bolt on hood?
- You will need low tension hood springs (depending on the vehicle) & hood pins, which we do carry. WE DO NOT CARRY FLAT COIL SPRINGS
- What do I do if my car has the flat coil springs?
- If it is a Mopar call Herb Beer at: (501) 984-4160 – he modifies mopar springs
- For others: if yours are old/weak they may work, if they don’t you can either: re-clock them or take them completely off & use a prop rod
- Can you chrome fiberglass bumpers?
- Yes. We do not chrome here, but there are companies out there you can send your bumpers to
- Are the hood pin holes pre-drilled?
- No, you will have to drill the holes yourself or take it to a body shop
- Can I put my latch in my bolt on hood?
- Yes. You can install your factory latch in the fiberglass bolt on hood, depending on the car. With most Pontiac/some Buick hoods if you want the latch installed it has to be sent to us so we can install it while the hood is in the middle of production – there is a $40.00 latch installation charge (we still recommend hood pins even with the latch installed)
- Do you do custom work?
- Yes. We do scoop installations, extend front ends & hoods. We CANNOT modify our molds to make scoops taller. NOTE: We can only do soop installations if we have a mold of the scoop or if you send us a fiberglass scoop from a different company
- Can you mold a fiberglass scoop on a metal hood?
- No, we only work with fiberglass
- Can you take a mold off my part?
- It depends on how backed up on mold work we are & if we get call for the part. If we are too backed up, or if we do not get any call for that particular part we would not take on the project. On any mold work inquiries – we recommend giving us a call!
- Do you repair fiberglass parts?
- Yes, we do repair work. The quote depends on the amount of work & material it takes to fix the part. To get the most accurate quote we recommend bringing the product to us
- Can you trim the parts there?
- No, we unfortunately cannot due to not having any cars here to fit parts on to trim. You will have to do all the trimming yourself once you receive your order or take it to your local body shop
- Do you sell any hardware?
- We do not. The only hardware we carry are low tension hood springs, flip over hood pins, & hair pin style hood pins – WE DO NOT CARRY FACTORY 442 PIN KITS
- Do you carry steel parts?
- No, we only make fiberglass
- How thick are your pin on hoods for dzues fasteners?
- About 1/8″
- I already have a fiberglass cowl hood but want a different cowl -can you cut off my existing scoop & mold a new one on?
- Depends on the width of the cowl that is already on the hood & what cowl you are wanting to replace it. Some scoops leave too big of a hole for certain scoops to fully cover – if the hole is too wide & there will be gaps, no we will not be able to.
- Can you extend a front end?
- Yes, we can extend a front end at the back of the fenders. Go to the “custom work” tab for pricing
- Do any of your fiberglass hoods have steel reinforcement?
- No, our hoods are ALL fiberglass – besides the steel nuts in bolt on style products
- Do you make parts in carbon fiber?
- Yes we do. It is twice the price as the fiberglass & weighs about 1/3 less. NOTE: It does not have a carbon fiber finish, due to the semi-gloss smooth black gel coat we put over it
FAQ GENERAL QUESTIONS
- Do you stock parts?
- No, we are mostly made to order. We only stock a few popular bolt on hoods during our slower season to prepare for the beginning of our busy season
- Can I pay extra to have an order rushed?
- No, sorry. We do not expedite orders during our busy season
- Do you accept Paypal?
- No, unfortunately we do not accept Paypal. Our credit card merchant services does not offer Paypal. We accept credit/debit cards – VISA, American Express, Discover & Mastercard. Along with cashier checks & money orders. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL OR BUSINESS CHECKS!
- What happens if my card gets declined?
- We charge the card once we begin the production of the order, which is typically about a week before it ships. If the card gets declined we will give you a call to let you know – if the order remains unpaid, we don’t receive any sort of update, or we don’t hear back from you etc. after two weeks the products will go to the next customer in line.
- Can I pick up my order?
- Yes! Customers can pick up at our location in Naperville, IL NOTE: Illinois sales tax will apply
- I’m coming to pick up my order, does it come boxed/crated?
- No. All customer pick ups come loose due to our boxes being oversized for shipping purposes & will not fit in the back of a pick up truck – but, you can request to have your order boxed or crated – refer to “Packaging Prices” on menu bar
- Can I cancel my order?
- Yes, all non-custom orders may be cancelled. NOTE: All cancelled orders are subject to a 15% restocking fee taken from the total amount if the order is already in production or has already been made/packaged.
- Are you open on weekends?
- No. We are open Monday – Friday 7AM-4PM CST
- Are weekend pick ups possible for an extra cost?
- No, no one is close enough to the shop or available for weekend pick ups. All pickups have to be done during our normal business hours
- Can I place an order online?
- No, we do not have an online ordering system. the best way to place an order is to give us a call at 630-978-9897
- Do you have any discounted/damaged parts?
- Yes, check out our Glasstek Garage Sale tab
- Do you have any sales, specials, or promotions?
- No, we currently do not have any sales/specials/promotions
- If I order more than 2 parts, is there a package deal?
- We do not have any package deals, but we can ship everything out for one shipping cost & waive packaging fees (excluding crates)
- Does my card get charged the day I place my order?
- No. We charge cards once we begin the production of the order which is typically a week or less before it ships – unless the order contains lexan windows
- Can I return merchandise?
- Yes, before 30 days & if the merchandise is still in new condition – refer to “Sales Policies” for more details
- Can I pay with more than one credit card?
- Yes, we can split the total up between multiple cards
- What is your lead time?
- Lead times vary & are NOT guaranteed, they are estimates! – please keep in mind that we are a small business with a handful of employees. Sources out of our control can cause delays (check Sales Policies for more info)
- Do you have a printed catalog?
- Yes, but our printed catalog does not include pictures. Only the part number, description & pricing. To get a free catalog mailed to you send us an email at email@example.com with your mailing address
- * Any questions regarding third party orders *
- If you order our parts from a third party site, you will have to contact them directly regarding all the information on your order. We will not be able to provide you with an ETA or shipping information – ANY RETURNS WILL HAVE TO BE DONE THROUGH THE THIRD PARTY! – WE CANNOT TAKE IT BACK IF NOT DIRECTLY ORDERED THROUGH US!
- Do you take wired money transfers?
- No. Only credit/debit cards over the phone or money orders/cashier’s checks
- Do you price match?
- No, we do not price match. Our quality differs from other fiberglass companies
- I have an untouched hood & want a different one, can I exchange it?
- If the hood was purchased past 30 days ago, we will not accept it. If it is before the 30 days you can come here to switch it out if you’re local – if you are in a different state you can ship it back to us. NOTE: The customer is responsible for ALL shipping charges for any returns/exchanges – unless it is Glasstek Inc‘s mistake
FAQ SHIPPING QUESTIONS
- Can I ship to my house?
- Yes, we can ship to your house if a semi truck is able to get in your residential area. NOTE: Residential fees apply!
- I/someone else signed for my freight before inspecting it, but it is damaged & want to refuse it – can you send the truck back to pick it up?
- Unfortunately once the freight is signed for it is completely out of our hands & between the customer & the trucking line. You will have to call the trucking line & see if they would be willing to pick the freight back up – it is up to the trucking line. If they refuse, you do have the option of filing a claim with them to either have the product repaired or claim it as totaled & order a new one once it is paid for. We do not have any pull or say once it is signed for. To avoid a difficult situation like this – PLEASE INSPECT & LET ANYONE WHO MAY BE RECEIVING THE FREIGHT FOR YOU KNOW TO FULLY INSPECT BEFORE SIGNING!
- My shipment hasn’t been delivered yet & it is past the ETA, what do I do?
- Once the trucking line picks up, it is out of our hands. We recommend contacting the carrier directly for any updates, they will be able to help you better than we can. They will be able to look into their system to inform you of any notations & give you a more accurate ETA. NOTE: DO CONTACT US IF FREIGHT ARRIVES DAMAGED
- Does the driver unload my freight once it arrives?
- NO, you are responsible for unloading your freight – the trucking line does “tailgate” deliveries. If you are unable to unload the freight yourself & need a liftgate the trucking line charges an ADDITIONAL $50.00 for this service.
- I received my freight a few weeks/months ago, & I’m just now unboxing/uncrating it & see damage. What can I do?
- Unfortunately in this case there is nothing can be done other than pay the money to a body shop for repairs. Trucking lines have a 48 hour window to report any concealed damage – if it goes past that, it is out of our hands. *ALWAYS INSPECT YOUR FREIGHT UPON ARRIVAL TO AVOID THIS!*
- What do I do once my freight arrives?
- INSPECT THE FREIGHT! – YOU need to be there to inspect the freight. If you sign, or have someone else sign for you before it is inspected & there is concealed damage we will not be able to help, the freight will be yours & you will be responsible. Any solutions will have to be between you & the trucking line. We will not be able to get the hood shipped back free astray due to damage once signed for. *instructions on what to do if freight arrives damaged located at the bottom*
- Will I know when my package/freight is on the way?
- Yes. Once orders are shipped out we send you an email with all the tracking info – if you do not provide us with an email we will give you a call
- What happens if I miss the delivery appointment I scheduled?
- You will have to call the trucking line to reschedule & you will be charged a re-delivery fee. The charge depends on which trucking line is handling your freight – they will let us know the charge since it is under our account & we will charge your card for that amount.
- When shipping to Canada does the shipping cost include customs fees?
- No, customs fees are separate from the shipping cost/quote from us. You will be billed directly from the trucking line for any customs fees
- Is it cheaper to ship truck freight to a business?
- Yes, but the business has to be at a COMMERCIAL address (on a main road surrounded by other businesses) – any businesses at a house are still considered/zoned residential
- Can I pick up my freight at the terminal?
- Yes – make sure to state you would like to pick up at the trucking line’s terminal when placing your order
- If I ship freight to my house, how will I know when to be home?
- For residential deliveries the trucking line will give you a call to set up an appointment
- It’s past the “estimated delivery date”, what do I do?
- All shipping companies have delays & the estimated delivery dates are not guaranteed. We recommend giving the trucking line’s customer service line a call with your tracking number to find out further information & an accurate delivery date
- Do you ship internationally?
- No, we only ship to Canada & anywhere within the USA. We can ship to a freight forwarder or international customers can set up their own shipping
- Do you have to be there when the trucking line delivers?
- Yes. Someone does have to sign for the freight – UPS Ground packages do not require a signature
- My freight has already shipped, can I change the address?
- Yes, but there is a re-consignment fee the trucking line charges
- Does the trucking line have a lift gate if needed?
- Yes, but the trucking line does charge between $85.00 – $90.00 for a lift gate – our parts & packaging are light & do not require a lift gate. They can be unloaded between 1-2 people – large crates may require a 3rd person
- What do I do if my freight arrives damaged?
- Processes depend on the trucking line used to ship your freight – instructions based on the trucking line listed below:
*ROADRUNNER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES*:
- Option 1. Refuse the freight – the damaged freight will come back to us, we will be able to take care of everything & get the freight shipped back ASAP.
- Option 2. Filing a claim with the trucking line if you are going to have someone local fix the product. If you choose this route: MARK ON THE BOL (BILL OF LADING) THE FREIGHT ARRIVED DAMAGED. – TAKES BETWEEN 60-120 DAYS FOR CLAIMS TO BE RESOLVED!
WARNING: Keep in mind, if you choose option #2 everything that happens after you accept the freight damaged & file the claim is completely out of our hands. It will be between you & the trucking line. We unfortunately will not have any pull or say
- Option 1. Refuse the package (HIGHLY recommended) – the damaged freight will come back to us, we will be able to take care of everything & get the freight shipped back ASAP.
- Option 2. Have us file a claim with the trucking lines if you are going to have someone local fix the product. If you choose this route: MARK ON THE BOL (BILL OF LADING) THE FREIGHT ARRIVED DAMAGED. – TAKES BETWEEN 60-120 DAYS FOR CLAIMS TO BE RESOLVED! – CALL US ASAP IF YOU ARE WANTING A CLAIM FILED
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind, if you choose option #2 you will have to provide us with the repair bill & pictures of the damaged item. If you do not provide these 2 key documents we will not be able to file a claim for you. **IT IS THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO SEND OVER ANY PAPERWORK TO GLASSTEK INC THAT IS NEEDED TO FILE THE CLAIM** – if not sent over in a timely fashion & a claim is no longer able to be filed due to paperwork being sent in late, Glasstek Inc is not liable. – NOTE: We cannot guarantee the full claim will be approved.
SHOW/SWAP MEET INFO
- We are currently only attend 2/3 shows a year. Every year we attend:
- The Race & Performance Expo – Schaumburg, IL
- Indy Mopar Show – Indianapolis, IL
- Third show – UNDECIDED