Listed here are our frequently asked questions, if you do not find your answer here give us a call at: 630-978-9897
TIP: Click Ctrl+F & type in a “key word” to your question to minimize scrolling through the list!
FAQ TECH QUESTIONS:
What is the difference between a bolt on & pin on hood?
- The bolt on bolts to your factory hinges, while the pin on is strictly a lift off
- How do I measure how much clearance/height I need?
- The best way to measure is to take a straight edge across your fenders, measure up, write that measurement down. Then put the same straight edge across your hood & measure the bow of your hood, write that down & take that, minus the first measurement. That should give you an approximate height of what you will need
- My hood is bowing in the middle, what do I do?
- If your hood is bowing in the middle you will have to drop the furthest forward bolt hole on the hinges where it bolts to the fender. You may need to make further adjustments than the factory allowed to accommodate the extra thickness of the fiberglass bolt on hoods – on certain hoods you may have to shim the fenders for proper fitment
- Why do I have to pin the front of my bolt on hood?
- Because it is a aftermarket fiberglass hood & is significantly lighter than factory. Wind can get up underneath the hood & the hood can either fly off or start to separate over time – hood pins are highly recommended for safety & longevity
- Do I have to fit my hood before painting?
- Do I need to trim parts to fit?
- yes. Many of our parts are oversized for shipping purposes & may need to be trimmed to fit
- Do your products come painted?
- No, they come ready to be prepped, primed & painted. They come in a high quality, sandable semi-gloss smooth black gel coat – we only use a high quality BLACK gel coat
- Do bolts come in the bolt on hoods & trunks?
- Yes. All bolt on products come with bolts already placed in the part – please use the bolts provided
- What hardware do I need for my bolt on hood?
- You will need low tension hood springs (depending on the vehicle) & hood pins, which we do carry. WE DO NOT CARRY FLAT COIL SPRINGS
- What do I do if my car has the flat coil springs?
- If it is a Mopar call Herb Beer at: (501) 984-4160 – he modifies mopar springs
- For others: if yours are old/weak they may work, if they don’t you can either: re-clock them or take them completely off & use a prop rod
- Can you chrome fiberglass bumpers?
- Yes. We do not chrome here, but there are companies out there you can send your bumpers to
- Are the hood pin holes pre-drilled?
- No, you will have to drill the holes yourself or take it to a body shop
- Can I put my latch in my bolt on hood?
- Yes. You can install your factory latch in the fiberglass bolt on hood, depending on the car. With most Pontiac/some Buick hoods if you want the latch installed it has to be sent to us so we can install it while the hood is in the middle of production – there is a $40.00 latch installation charge (we still recommend hood pins even with the latch installed)
- Do you do custom work?
- Yes. We do scoop installations, extend front ends & hoods. We CANNOT modify our molds to make scoops taller. NOTE: We can only do soop installations if we have a mold of the scoop or if you send us a fiberglass scoop from a different company
- Can you mold a fiberglass scoop on a metal hood?
- No, we only work with fiberglass
- Can you take a mold off my part?
- It depends on how backed up on mold work we are & if we get call for the part. If we are too backed up, or if we do not get any call for that particular part we would not take on the project. On any mold work inquiries – we recommend giving us a call!
- Do you repair fiberglass parts?
- Yes, we do repair work. The quote depends on the amount of work & material it takes to fix the part. To get the most accurate quote we recommend bringing the product to us
- Can you trim the parts there?
- No, we unfortunately cannot due to not having any cars here to fit parts on to trim. You will have to do all the trimming yourself once you receive your order or take it to your local body shop
- Do you sell any hardware?
- We do not. The only hardware we carry are low tension hood springs, flip over hood pins, & hair pin style hood pins – WE DO NOT CARRY FACTORY 442 PIN KITS
- Do you carry steel parts?
- No, we only make fiberglass
- How thick are your pin on hoods for dzues fasteners?
- About 1/8″
FAQ GENERAL QUESTIONS
- Do you stock parts?
- No, we are mostly made to order. We only stock a few popular bolt on hoods during our slower season to prepare for the beginning of our busy season
- Do you accept Paypal?
- No, unfortunately we do not accept Paypal. Our credit card merchant services does not offer Paypal. We accept credit/debit cards – VISA, American Express, Discover & Mastercard. Along with cashier checks & money orders. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL OR BUSINESS CHECKS!
- Can I pick up my order?
- Yes! Customers can pick up at our location in Naperville, IL
- Are you open on weekends?
- No. We are open Monday – Friday 7AM-4PM CST
- Can I place an order online?
- No, we do not have an online ordering system. the best way to place an order is to give us a call at 630-978-9897
- Do you have any discounted/damaged parts?
- No. All parts that are damaged during shipment are thrown out
- Do you have any sales, specials, or promotions?
- No, we currently do not have any sales/specials/promotions
- If I order more than 2 parts, is there a package deal?
- We do not have any package deals, but we can ship everything out for one shipping cost & waive packaging fees (excluding crates)
- Does my card get charged the day I place my order?
- No. We charge cards once we begin the production of the order which is typically a week or less before it ships – unless the order contains lexan windows
- Can I return merchandise?
- Yes, refer to “Sales Policies” for details
- Can I pay with more than one credit card?
- Yes, we can split the total up between multiple cards
- What is your lead time?
- Lead time varies, give us call to get an accurate lead time!
- Do you have a printed catalog?
- Yes, but our printed catalog does not include pictures. Only the part number, description & pricing. To get a free catalog mailed to you send us an email at email@example.com with your mailing address
- * Any questions regarding third party orders *
- If you order our parts from a third party site, you will have to contact them directly regarding all the information on your order. We will not be able to provide you with an ETA or shipping information – ANY RETURNS WILL HAVE TO BE DONE THROUGH THE THIRD PARTY! – WE CANNOT TAKE IT BACK IF NOT DIRECTLY ORDERED THROUGH US!
- Do you take wired money transfers?
- No. Only credit/debit cards over the phone or money orders/cashier’s checks
- Do you price match?
- No, we do not price match. Our quality differs from other fiberglass companies
FAQ SHIPPING QUESTIONS
- Can I ship to my house?
- Yes, we can ship to your house if a semi truck is able to get in your residential area. NOTE: Residential fees may apply!
- Will I know when my package/freight is on the way?
- Yes. Once orders are shipped out we send you an email with all the tracking info – if you do not provide us with an email we will give you a call
- If I ship freight to my house, how will I know when to be home?
- For residential deliveries the trucking line will give you a call to set up an appointment
- It’s past the “estimated delivery date”, what do I do?
- All shipping companies have delays & the estimated delivery dates are not guaranteed. We recommend giving the trucking line’s customer service line a call with your tracking number to find out further information & an accurate delivery date
- Do you ship internationally?
- No, we only ship to Canada & anywhere within the USA. We can ship to a freight forwarder or international customers can set up their own shipping
- Do you have to be there when the trucking line delivers?
- Yes. Someone does have to sign for the freight – UPS Ground packages do not require a signature
- My freight has already shipped, can I change the address?
- Yes, but there is a re-consignment fee the trucking line charges
- What do I do if my freight arrives damaged?
- Processes depend on the trucking line used to ship your freight – instructions based on the trucking line listed below:
*ROADRUNNER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES*:
- Option 1. Refuse the freight – the damaged freight will come back to us, we will be able to take care of everything & get the freight shipped back ASAP.
- Option 2. Filing a claim with the trucking line if you are going to have someone local fix the product. If you choose this route: MARK ON THE BOL (BILL OF LADING) THE FREIGHT ARRIVED DAMAGED. – TAKES BETWEEN 60-120 DAYS FOR CLAIMS TO BE RESOLVED!
WARNING: Keep in mind, if you choose option #2 everything that happens after you accept the freight damaged & file the claim is completely out of our hands. It will be between you & the trucking line. We unfortunately will not have any pull or say
- Option 1. Refuse the package (HIGHLY recommended) – the damaged freight will come back to us, we will be able to take care of everything & get the freight shipped back ASAP.
- Option 2. Have us file a claim with the trucking lines if you are going to have someone local fix the product. If you choose this route: MARK ON THE BOL (BILL OF LADING) THE FREIGHT ARRIVED DAMAGED. – TAKES BETWEEN 60-120 DAYS FOR CLAIMS TO BE RESOLVED! – CALL US ASAP IF YOU ARE WANTING A CLAIM FILED
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind, if you choose option #2 you will have to provide us with the repair bill & pictures of the damaged item. If you do not provide these 2 key documents we will not be able to file a claim for you. NOTE: We cannot guarantee the full claim will be approved – which is why we do recommend option #1
SHOW/SWAP MEET INFO
- We are currently only attend 2/3 shows a year. Every year we attend:
- The Race & Performance Expo – Schaumburg, IL
- Indy Mopar Show – Indianapolis, IL
- Third show – UNDECIDED